Hot Rod BBQ Grill (Take a look Stacey David!!!)
This 39(ish) Dodge front end masterpiece was made out of salvage yard scraps by my dad as a fun side project.
- 1939 Dodge truck front end bought at local junk yard
- Hood lifts by remote control to provide shade while grilling and protection when not in use
- Running boards fold out for serving surfaces
- Propane tanks conveniently fit inside fender wells
- Stainless V8 engine (with spark plugs, headers, moving fan, and thermostat housing for real time temp) opens and IS the Grill
- Functional wheels to facilitate moving
- Hooks to hang grilling utensils
- Room to install a radio, ice chest, hitch
- All the "motor" parts were off of other projects i.e. 56 Thunderbird valve covers, 77 corvette oil pan, 67 mustang thermostat housing
- Painted and made completely at home, in garage
- I'd estimate that the totall overall cost that it took to make was under a thousand.
Check it out in our local Colorado paper
My dad William calls you the original hot rod television guys, thank you for helping start his motivation.